Even today, Tibet, this mysterious Himalayan civilization on the roof of the world, still sounds like a very hard-to-reach place to most of the tourists due to its inaccessibility and lack of information. Yet, it’s exactly because of this mysteriousness and remoteness, the feet cannot help itching. As long as you make your way to Sichuan, Tibet is almost in front of you. Sichuan, the land of abundance, as the most developed neighbor to Tibet, now is the best and the most popular gateway to Tibet since it boasts the largest number of Chengdu-Lhasa flights per day, the unique plateau train from Chengdu to Lhasa as well as the picturesque and amazing Sichuan-Tibet Highway. From Chengdu to Lhasa, no matter you spend 2 hours by air, 2 nights by train or several days by overland, Sichuan ushers in a colorful Tibet that is uncovered little by little, from panda to yak, from tea to cordyceps, from Kham to Amdo, from the land of abundance to the land of snow, you could taste a unique Tibetan flavor. Inside Tibet Autonomous Region, from holy city of Lhasa to the highest peak of Mount Everest, from the Sky Lake of the Namtso Lake to the scared mystery of Mount Kailash, we offer you a panoramic view of all Tibet tours.
Most Popular Tibet Tour Packages 2019
What follows we offer some of the most popular Tibet tour packages to Lhasa, Mount Everest Base Camp, Namtso Lake, Shigatse and Mount Kailash, all are join-in small group tours of maximum 12 people from different cultural backgrounds. If you are interested in a tailor-made private tour only with your families and friends, do not hesitate to let us know by clicking here.
- 8 Days Mount Everest Base Camp Tour at $870 per person
- 6 days Tibet Ancient Cities Tour at $690 per person
Chengdu to Lhasa Train
The "World's highest railway", "Lhasa Express", "Sky Train", "Rocket to the roof of the world"; no matter what it is called, the Qinghai-Tibet railway project is truly an engineering wonder across the world. It extends 1,956 kilometers from Xining, capital of Qinghai Province, to Lhasa.
Tibet Travel Permit
The Tibet Travel Permit, also known as the Tibet Visa, is a two-paper A4 size document (written with your itinerary in Tibet as well as your personal passport info) issued by the Tibet Tourism Bureau and it’s required to travel into Tibet in addition to a Chinese Visa. There are several kinds of permits that vary according to the places travelers plan to visit. view more
- What documents are required to travel to Tibet? With passport and Chinese visa, you can visit any place in mainland China. While if you want to travel into Tibet, apart from passport and Chinese visa, a Tibet Travel Permit is required.
- What is Tibet Travel Permit? Tibet Travel Permit (TTP) is issued by the Tibet Tourism Bureau, also known as Tibet Visa, which is the official documents that allows international travelers to enter and travel in Tibet. It's two pieces of A4 paper.
- How to apply for Tibet Travel Permit? Since the foreigners are not allowed to travel into Tibet alone, so they can not apply for the Tibet Permit by themselves. So, you need to book a Tibet tour with a travel agency in Tibet, the tour includes guide, vehicle, accommodation and also the Tibet Permit.
- Where and when can I get Tibet Travel Permit? According to the rules, we can start to apply for the Tibet Permit about 20-30 days before your departure, and the permit will be issued to your Tibet operator about 5-7 days before your trip.
- Can I travel to Tibet without a Tibet Travel Permit? The international tourists are not allowed to enter Tibet without Tibet Travel Permit according to the government policy. There are two ways you can enter Tibet, by train or by flight.
- How much is a Tibet Travel Permit? The Tibet Tourism Bureau issues the travel permit at no charge, that is to say the permit itself costs no penny. However, please also note that there is no "permit-only" service, to get the Tibet travel permit, you have to book a pre-organized tour including tour guide,
- How many types of travel permits there? There are actually three kinds of permits, and the Tibet Permit we often mention is the Tibet Entry Permit. We will send this permit to you, which will be checked before board on the train or flight.